Global Campus Guide - UWC ISAK Japan

UWC ISAK Japan [Global Campus]
Student Information Form Instructions

Questions for Students

Section 1: Name
Section 2: Personal Information
Section 3: Required documents for international students/non-residents of Japan
Section 4: Mailing Address for receiving enrollment documents
Section 5: Intended Length of Stay/Residence In Japan
Section 6: Required documents for Japanese/residents in Japan (日本人及び日本に住んでいる外国籍の方への質問)
Section 7: Previous Stay In Japan
Section 8: Education Record

Questions for Parents/Guardians

Section 9: Method of support to pay for expenses while in Japan
Section 10: Method of support while in Japan (Monthly amount)
Section 11: Cash Remitting or Carrying
Section 12: Family In Japan
Section 13: Parent / Legal Guardian information
Section 14: Emergency Contact
Section 15: Submit

*We recommend that you save the form regularly to avoid losing important information. You will find the "Save" button on the top of the Global Campus form.

1. Name

Please enter your legal name in English.

If you have a legal version of your name in Japanese/Chinese characters, please list in the “Japanese/Chinese Characters” field.
(If your name uses only the English alphabet, do not worry about writing your name in Japanese/Chinese).

Upload an ID photo(jpg, png, pdf) taken within 3 months. Please see the photo instruction below and on the Japanese immigration website. You'll be asked to re-submit the photo if it does not meet its requirements. Please make sure there are no shadows.

2. Personal Information

Select your nationality. If you have more than one nationality, provide information for all of your nationalities in the "Other Nationalities" section. Please note that you will be asked to submit proof of your other nationalities based on what you list below.

*Please ignore the checkboxes

Enter your information exactly as it is shown on your passport (please do not select "title" if it is not shown on your passport). If you hold multiple nationalities, use the information listed in the passport that you will be using for your student visa.

Upload an image of the information page of your main passport (the one you will use to apply for your visa). If you have multiple passports, please upload your main passport only.

If you want to upload multiple passports, you can compress them into one file to do so.

The document uploader accepts jpg, png, and gif files only.

Intended place to apply for a visa

Enter the location of the Japanese embassy where you plan to submit your student visa paperwork (with your CoE). If you are a Japanese citizen/resident of Japan and do not need a student visa, enter “N/A.”(日本人の方はN/Aと入力してください).
*Please be aware that depending on COVID situation some Japanese embassies/consulates might be out of service. Please check their status in advance.
*If you will submit your visa application to the Japanese embassy/consulate which is not located in your home county, we would strongly recommend you ask them whether they can accept your application in advance.

Other passport information if applicable

If you have more than one passport, enter the information for all of your other passports in this section. If you only have one passport, please skip this section.

*Please ignore the checkboxes

For foreign residents of Japan: Upload a copy of your residence card
If you are a permanent resident of Japan, enter “N/A.” in Period of Stay.

3. Required documents for international students/non-residents of Japan

All students are required to submit the following documents for the CoE application. Please read the requirements for each document carefully, prepare them, and upload them through Global Campus.

  1. Birth certificate (copy): Please make sure the document shows both parents' and child's names. If parents' names are not listed, in addition to the birth certificate, submission of a document that proves the parent-child relationship is required.
  2. Certificate of graduation: Usually, it is issued by the school you graduated from before. If you are in school now, please submit a certificate of enrollment stating your expected graduation or transfer-out date from your current school.
  3. Bank statement: A bank statement that must show an account balance exceeding the amount of the family obligation stated in your Enrollment Agreement. If you submit multiple bank statements, please make sure that the account holders are the parents listed on the birth certificate. If you submit bank statements from grandparents' accounts, submission of a document that proves the relationship between the student and the grandparents is required. Please keep your original bank statement safe to avoid misplacing it, as the immigration office may ask for the original copy to be submitted as proof of funds.

Note: Document language

Please request document issuance in English if possible. If it is not possible to issue it in English, please attach an English translation to the original one and submit them through Global Campus. English translations don't have to be official. You can do the English translation yourself if necessary.

4. Mailing Address for receiving enrollment documents

List an accurate address where you can receive your visa paperwork (CoE) and other important documents during the summer (Jun - Aug.). If you cannot receive DHL/courier deliveries to your home address, you can provide the address of a parent’s workplace, the home of a relative, your school, etc.

5. Intended Length of Stay

If you will be entering Grade 10, select “3 years.” If you will be entering Grade 11, select “2 years”.

6. Required documents for Japanese citizens/residents of Japan (日本人及び日本に住んでいる外国籍の方への質問)

Upload the documents listed here if you are a Japanese citizen or permanent resident/residence card holder of Japan.

For Japanese students: Copy of insurance card(保険証), Bankbook (軽井沢町に住民登録し福祉医療給付制度に加入される場合の医療費返金口座となります) and Family registration(住民票 if relevant).

If you are a Japanese citizen residing abroad and don't have the above-mentioned documents the school will be in touch with you after you submit your Global Campus Information.

7. Previous Stay in Japan -  For non-Japanese citizens/non-residents only

Please refer to your passport(s) for past entry stamps. If you are a Japanese citizen/resident/residence card holder of Japan, select “No”.

8. Education Record - This section refers to your academic history

Please ignore the options: Vocational School, Junior College, Bachelor, Master, and Doctor.
  • School name and address: Please list from elementary school(primary school) to the most recent school prior to enrollment in ISAK
  • Date of Graduation / Transfer out fields: Please input the approximate date when you finished the relevant schooling stage
  • Date of Graduation / Transfer out fields for Junior High School or Senior High School: Please select the option that better describes your situation as of August 1/2023

*Please ignore the checkboxes
In addition to the above, the visa application also requires information about your current (or most recent) school.
Instructions - Present School (or most recent school )  This subsection refers to your current school/academic information (the same school information you have provided in the above section)
School Type:
  • Please ignore the options: Vocational School, Junior College, Bachelor, Master and Doctor
  • Your response should be either Junior High School (if you are currently in Grade 9) or Senior High School (if you are currently in Grades 10 or 11)
  • Select Others if you are homeschooled or following distance learning (from official distance learning providers) - fill in the relevant type of schooling
Education Status:
Select the option that better describes your current situation
  • Graduated: you have already graduated from the "Present school" - enter the date when you graduated
  • In School: you are currently enrolled -  enter the expected end date of your current academic year
  • Temporary absence: you are enrolled in school but not attending at the moment (health, family, personal reasons) - enter the date of your expected graduation
  • Withdrawal: you withdraw from your current school - enter the date of your withdrawal
Graduation/Transferred out date:
  • The date entered should match the information provided above in the Education Record section (Junior High School or Senior High School expected end date)

*Please disregard the word "graduation" if you are currently attending school.

9. Method of support to pay for expenses while in Japan

All students need to complete this section, regardless of your citizenship or financial assistance status.

1. Even if you will be attending UWC ISAK Japan on a full scholarship, please enter the information for the person with the highest income in your family
2. List the employment information for the family member listed in 1
3. Income - Please convert to Japanese YEN with currency converter

Please note, you can ignore the fields not marked with "*".

10. Method of financial support while in Japan (monthly amount)

In this section, you need to provide information about how your UWC ISAK Japan school fees will be paid. See your Enrollment Agreement/Financial Assistance Agreement for your family obligation, and divide that amount by 12 to calculate the “monthly” amount in JPY (Japanese yen) that your family will provide.

We will double-check these amounts and reach out to you if needed. Please just try your best!

1. If your parents live outside of Japan, select “By Supporter Living Abroad” and enter the monthly JPY amount in the field

2. If your parents live in Japan, select “By Supporter Living in Japan” and enter the monthly JPY amount in the field

3. If you will be attending UWC ISAK Japan on a full or partial scholarship, please select “Yes” for the scholarship question,
 and select "Others" from the pulldown and enter "UWC ISAK Japan" in the box. If you have a full scholarship, 
enter 475000 JPY in the Amount field. (We will edit the information later)

4. Select “No” for Others. We will edit this section later if needed

5. If you will be attending UWC ISAK Japan on a full scholarship (no family obligation for school fees), select “Yes” for 
the final question in this section

11. Cash Remitting or Carrying

Please do not worry about the accuracy of this section. You need to enter some information in the required fields in order to move forward. In any case, we will re-calculate these amounts before submitting your Global Campus information to immigration. Please just try your best!

For this section, please select “No” for Cash.
For “By remitting per month,” select “Yes” and enter the amount that you entered in “By Supporter Living Abroad” or “By Supporter Living in Japan” in the previous section.

12. Family in Japan

This section is required for international students.

Japanese nationals or students already living in Japan with valid residence cards: Please select "No".


*Please ignore the checkboxes

13. Parent / Legal guardian information

Please enter the name(s) of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) who will be recorded as the main point of contact. This is the mandatory field.

1. Are you a parent/legal guardian? - If the person you list is your parent/legal guardian, select "Yes". 
If the person is not your parent/legal guardian, please select “No.” Use the comment box at the bottom of the section if you need more space 
to explain your situation/relationship

2. Would you like to receive school information? – UWC ISAK Japan sends school information (student report cards/grades/invoices/notifications)
 by email. At least one parent/legal guardian must select "Yes"

*Please ignore the checkboxes

14. Emergency Contact

We need at least one emergency contact per student. Please ensure that all required fields in this section are fully answered, even if the same information is repeated in the previous section.

*Please ignore the checkboxes

15. Submit your application

Once you "submit" your application, you will no longer have edit access. Please review your application thoroughly before submission.
Note: You will be notified if a required field is missing. Please find the missing required fields on your Global Campus form and fill them in.

We recommend that you save the form regularly to avoid losing important information. You will find the "Save" button on the top-right of the Global Campus form.


Join Our Mailing List

Receive the latest school news, events, and important program updates

Privacy Policy
Copyright © UWC ISAK Japan

5827-136 Nagakura
Karuizawa, Kitasaku-gun,
Nagano 389-0111


Can't find what you are looking for
or have a specific inquiry?

Scroll to Top