High School Application
The Admissions Office at UWC ISAK Japan is responsible for selecting students exclusively for Grade 10 entry as part of our 3-year high school program (Grades 10-12).
If you wish to apply to UWC ISAK Japan for Grade 10 enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are currently enrolled in the equivalent of US Grade 9 / Japanese middle school Grade 3 and you will complete this grade by August 2022
- You were born between January 1, 2006 and December 31, 2007
- You do not meet the qualifications necessary to apply to UWC through your UWC national committee
Do you plan to apply for financial assistance? If you answered YES, please follow the instructions below. If you answered NO, we recommend applying through the Global Selection Programme (GSP). In this case, don't forget to visit the Global Selection Programme page for more information.
For students interested in applying to Grade 11 AND planning to apply for financial assistance, please contact your UWC national committee for information regarding eligibility and application process.
IMPORTANT: If you were born in 2005 or earlier, it is likely that you are eligible to apply to your UWC national committee. If you are in Grade 8 or younger and/or you were born in or after the year 2008, you are not yet eligible to apply to UWC ISAK Japan. Please register your information to our prospective student mailing list so that we can keep you updated on UWC ISAK Japan events and activities. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please contact the admissions team.
Beginning in late September 2021, we will be introducing a special information session program. Be sure to sign up here for our newsletter so you don't miss any updates.
(Applicants with Japanese residence,
citizenship, or passport)
(International applicants without
Japanese residence, citizenship or passport)
High School Schedule A
- Step 1: Visit the application website and read through the information provided - start collecting documents and identifying your referees
- Step 2: Submit your Pre-registration Form. Provide all the relevant information and set up your application account. Once your eligibility is confirmed, you will be granted access to the online application (approx. 48 hours after submission of your form). Important: Make sure to record and remember the email used and password created.
- Step 3: Fill out and submit your application. You will need to use the email and password linked to your account in order to access, edit and save your application.
You will need to submit the following items as part of the online application. The deadline for all of these items is the same as the deadline for the online application. More detailed information regarding required documents is provided in the online application.
- Academic transcripts for the current year and two previous years
- Three letters of recommendation - We would like you to submit one academic letter of recommendation from a teacher, one personal letter of recommendation from an adult who knows you well (piano teacher, sports team coach, leader of a volunteer organization, etc.), and one letter of recommendation from a friend that knows you well. All 3 recommenders will need to complete our online recommendation form.
- OPTIONAL: Financial Assistance Request Form and supporting documents.
◦ Important: if you plan to apply for financial assistance, please see our School Fees & Financial Assistance page for complete details
- Non-refundable application fee (20,000 JPY)*
Applicants will be considered for an application fee waiver, based on their annual household income. See the online application instructions for more information.
Interviews and all additional screening activities will be conducted online for both Schedule A and Schedule B applicants.