High School Application
Admissions at UWC ISAK Japan is responsible for selecting students exclusively for Grade 10 entry as part of our 3-year high school program (Grades 10-12).
If you are ineligible for our 3-year program, please contact your UWC national committee to see if you qualify for a 2-year program at a UWC school.
If you wish to apply to UWC ISAK Japan for Grade 10 enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are currently enrolled in the equivalent of US Grade 9 / Japanese middle school Grade 3 and you will complete this grade by August 2021.
- You were born between January 1, 2005 and December 31, 2006.
- You do not meet the qualifications necessary to apply to UWC through your UWC National Committee.
IMPORTANT: If you were born in 2004 or earlier, it is likely that you are eligible to apply to your UWC national committee. If you are in Grade 8 or younger and/or you were born in or after the year 2007, you are not yet eligible to apply to UWC ISAK Japan. Please register your information to our prospective students mailing list so that we can keep you updated on UWC ISAK Japan events and activities. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to get to know you better and there are a number of ways:
- The best way is to schedule a visit to our campus
Schedule a visit
- If you can’t make here, see if there is an info session in your area
Info Session Schedule & Locations
- We understand that not everyone can make it to our campus or an info session so be sure to make our website your top reference and don’t forget to follow us on social media
(Applicants with Japanese residence, citizenship
(International applicants without Japanese residence,
citizenship or passport)
August 1, 2019
November 20, 2019
December 10, 2019
January 11, 2020
January 20, 2020
Notification of Offers
January 27, 2020
You will need to submit the following items as part of the online application. The deadline for all of these items is the same as the deadline for the online application.
- Academic transcripts for the current year and two previous years
- Two letters of recommendation - Ideally, we would like you to submit one academic letter of recommendation from a teacher and one personal letter of recommendation from an adult who knows you well (piano teacher, sports team coach, leader of a volunteer organization, etc.). The letter of recommendation writer will need to complete our online recommendation form. See the online application for more details.
- OPTIONAL: Financial Assistance Request Form and supporting documents.
- Important: if you plan to apply for financial assistance, please see our School Fees & Financial Assistance page for complete details.
- Non-refundable application fee (20,000 JPY)*
Applicants will automatically be considered for an application fee waiver, based on their annual household income. See the online application for more information.
If you are selected, you will be scheduled for an interview, either in-person at UWC ISAK Japan (for Schedule A students only) or online (for Schedule B students, as well as Schedule A students who cannot participate in person).