High School Application
The Admissions Office at UWC ISAK Japan is responsible for selecting students exclusively for Grade 10 entry as part of our 3-year high school program (Grades 10-12).
If you wish to apply to UWC ISAK Japan for Grade 10 enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are currently enrolled in the equivalent of US Grade 9 / Japanese middle school Grade 3 and you will complete this grade by August 2021
- You were born between January 1, 2005 and December 31, 2006
- You do not meet the qualifications necessary to apply to UWC through your UWC national committee
Do you plan to apply for financial assistance? If you answered YES, please follow the instructions below. If you answered NO, we recommend applying through the Global Selection Programme (GSP). In this case, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For students interested in applying to Grade 11 AND planning to apply for financial assistance, please contact your UWC national committee for information regarding eligibility and application process.
IMPORTANT: If you were born in 2004 or earlier, it is likely that you are eligible to apply to your UWC national committee. If you are in Grade 8 or younger and/or you were born in or after the year 2007, you are not yet eligible to apply to UWC ISAK Japan. Please register your information to our prospective student mailing list so that we can keep you updated on UWC ISAK Japan events and activities. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please contact the admissions team.
We want to get to know you better and there are a number of ways:
- The best way is to schedule a visit to our campus
*Due to Covid-19, we are not currently accepting campus visit requests
- The next best option to visiting our campus is to join one of our online information sessions. Please refer to our information session schedule here.
(Applicants with Japanese residence, citizenship
(International applicants without Japanese residence,
citizenship or passport)
August 1, 2020
December 3, 2020
December 17, 2020
January 16-17, 2021
February 1, 2021
Notification of Offers
February 8, 2021
You will need to submit the following items as part of the online application. The deadline for all of these items is the same as the deadline for the online application. More detailed information regarding required documents is provided in the online application.
- Academic transcripts for the current year and two previous years
- Two letters of recommendation - Ideally, we would like you to submit one academic letter of recommendation from a teacher and one personal letter of recommendation from an adult who knows you well (piano teacher, sports team coach, leader of a volunteer organization, etc.). The letter of recommendation writer will need to complete our online recommendation form. See the online application for more details. Letters of recommendation from friends or family members will not constitute acceptable submissions
- OPTIONAL: Financial Assistance Request Form and supporting documents.
◦ Important: if you plan to apply for financial assistance, please see our School Fees & Financial Assistance page for complete details
- Non-refundable application fee (20,000 JPY)*
Applicants will automatically be considered for an application fee waiver, based on their annual household income. See the online application instructions for more information.
If you are selected, you will be scheduled for an interview, either in-person at UWC ISAK Japan (for Schedule A students only) or online (for Schedule B students, as well as Schedule A students who cannot participate in person).