Apply Through GSP
The UWC Global Selection Programme (GSP) is an additional application route for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). The programme offers a limited number of places and applicants are not eligible for financial assistance. Applications for 2021 entry are now open.
GSP Application Process
UWC ISAK Japan offers a unique and challenging learning experience. To determine if UWC ISAK Japan is the right school for you, the GSP application process seeks to learn as much as possible about you, and gives you the opportunity to learn more about us along the way.
The GSP selection process assesses students according to the UWC Selection Criteria and consists of the following 4 stages:
The first stage of your application requires you to complete a common GSP Application Form hosted on the online UWC Applications portal. You can submit only one UWC application per year. Your application journey begins when you set up a username and password that you will use to access your application as you move through the process.
If your GSP Application Form is shortlisted, you will be invited to an online interview with our admissions office. Before this interview, you will be required to submit additional documentation such as reference letters, transcripts or others. Your parents may be invited for an interview at this stage.
If you advance after the initial interview, you will be required to participate in a series of online activities including: group activities, a project presentation and an emotional wellbeing questionnaire.
If you advance after stage 3, we may invite you and your parents to meet with faculty members of your school/s of choice. You may be invited for more than one additional interview, depending on each individual case.
Eligibility & School Fees
To be eligible to apply for 2021 entry through GSP, you must meet the following criteria:
- Born between July 2004 and January 2006
- Currently in Grade 10 (US equivalent)
- Intermediate English proficiency, at minimum
- Not applying for Financial Assistance
- Not applying concurrently through the National Committee process
Annual School Fees for the 2021-2022 school year:
- 5,282,000 JPY
- One time non-refundable Enrollment Fee: 300,000 JPY
You can find more details on our school fees here. Please be reminded that GSP applicants forgo financial assistance. If you need financial assistance to attend, please have a look at the UWC national committee entry-route.
GSP Decision Notifications
Global Selection Programme applications are open on a rolling basis. Decisions are released in two periods:
- Early decision: If you submitted your application form before November 30th 2020, you will have been notified of the decision no later than December 10th 2020.
- Regular decision: For applications received between December 2020 and March 2021, notifications will be rolling throughout March and April.