Under the Furusato Nozei (hometown tax) system, taxpayers in Japan are allowed to pay a portion of their national and local income tax and residential tax payments to a specific municipal government. The town of Karuizawa has generously offered to let donors select UWC ISAK Japan as a hometown tax recipient, with 95% of the amount of each donation going to UWC ISAK Japan, and the remaining 5% contributed to local educational activities. Under this system, a donor pays a portion of his or her estimated tax payment to Karuizawa Town in advance. The donor’s income tax and/or residential tax are refunded or reduced by that amount when annual tax payments are calculated. To utilize this system, donors must submit an application to Karuizawa Town in advance; please note that the deadline for applications is Dec. 31 for the fiscal year ending the following March. To get more information about Furusato Nozei in English, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.